Sunday, October 29, 2017

Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia Midway Reminder Challenge #151-"Use Trim"

Happy Sunday dear friends!

And how is everyone enjoying their weekend?

Well...it's getting pretty cold here...I really hate to think that winter is truly just around the corner...UGH!!  Seems like the perfect time to hunker down in the craft room...just the way to cure the "almost winter" blues...lol!

Okay...onto to today's post...today marks the midway of our current challenge at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia where our theme is "Use Trim"...now how easy is that I ask...just get out your lace or ribbon or pearl strands...the sky's the limit!!  We are kindly sponsored this challenge by the Rubber Buggy!

Here is what I came up with...
please click on the first image for a closer view/slideshow...
I just received the Graphic 45 "Book Boxes" that I ordered so I was pretty excited to jump right in and try them out!!...
I "pounced" on Gesso to make a nice white snow like affect...
DP is Maja Design from the "A Gift For You" collection...
next I added some gathered lace that I decorated with tiny silver flowers and a white pearl strand...
 this darling image is "Poinsettia Tilda" from the Aspen Holiday 2016 collection...
coloured with my copics...
dusted with Chunky White Frantage...
matted on cheesecloth...
inside is a perfect place to store memories/treasures...
DP is also from Maja Design "A Gift For You"...
 I added an envelope that is the perfect size for a gift card...
 the bow is doubled layered using two chiffon ribbons...
I added this beautiful diamanté safety pin with a diamanté snowflake attached...
then finished off with some "Merry Christmas" ribbon and a gray pearl...

And that is my first "Book Box" completed!!  SO many ideas running through my head for the other 3 that I have...BUT for you...it's time to check out the beautiful creations that my talented team mates have to show you...then come on over and join us at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia!

All materials are listed/linked above.

Challenges I wish to enter:
Magnolia-licious-Challenge #14 "Anything Goes"
Crafty Gals Corner-Challenge #146 "Anything Goes"
Crafting With Friends-Challenge #53 "Anything Goes"
Creative Fingers-Challenge #139 "Anything Goes"
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog-Challenge #68 "Anything Goes"
Love To Craft Challenge Blog-Challenge #15"Anything Goes"
Sweet Stampin' Christmas-October Challenge "Anything Goes Christmas"
World Wide Design Team Open Challenge-15th October 2017 Challenge #27 "Anything Goes"

Until next time...thank you fro taking the time to stop by!!  Your visits and comments are so very much appreciated!!!



12 comments:

  1. I love this! You have made this treasure box a "Treasure". I love the image on the front in the green and soft greys...along with the little rhinestone in the middle of the flower. Honestly you add little details that just make it so perfect! Love the envelope in the inside! Oh and the Maja Papers are gorgeous!
    P.S.Thank-you so much for all your sweet comments on my projects.....I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project, sweet image and gorgeous embellishments, a box to treasure!
    Thank you for playing along with our October Challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin’
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowza what a gorgeous project you have made Beth
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Beth this is stunning! I love the book box and what an amazing gift it would make!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG ... I love this box! ...I need this box lol

    Such an elegant creation with major cuteness at the same time ... beautiful job, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beth, what an incredible gift box! I love all the pretty ribbon and lace you used with that super cute image, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... have a wonderful week... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh great gift box creation looks absolutely amazing.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge



    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous project! This is magnificent! Love everything about it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project and a great way to decorate the box. Thank you for sharing at LTCCB. Pippa DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your first box book? Wow!!! This is amazing, my daughter is getting married in Feb. and something like this would be perfect for like a box of childhood memories to give as a gift to the bride the morning of the wedding. Thank you for participating with our challenge over at Magnolia-Licious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely adorable. Great work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Vicki DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete